How to Believe in Yourself


Believe in yourself, they said. It will open up endless possibilities in your life.

And it will. But, what if you don’t? What then?

We live in a meme world where we are constantly peppered with little nuggets of insta-wisdom. Pithy little 120 character exhortations without any corresponding action on your part won’t change your life. In fact, when you see something you think you should probably be doing, but don’t know how, rather than being encouraging, it just highlights your belief in your own deficiency and brings up feelings of failure.

So very often, as women we hear things like, “stop playing small” or “raise your standards” and the truth is that valuing yourself and your contribution and having the confidence to communicate that value are absolutely critical to anything you want to experience in life – from true love to financial freedom.

My sense is that you already know this. You are probably already aware that you lack belief in yourself and wish you had the confidence to go boldly in the direction of your dreams.

So if you don’t believe in yourself, how do you start?

Well the answer – like most great truths – is simple. But not necessarily easy.

The first thing you must understand is that you are running unconscious patterns and programs. You can’t just up and decide to believe in yourself in your conscious mind and have anything change in your reality because your conscious mind only runs about 3% of the show. Your subconscious mind is the real powerhouse and in that remaining 97% of psychic real estate is where those pesky limiting beliefs lurk.

The first step to undoing a pattern that no longer serves you is to shine the light of consciousness on it. Just notice. Don’t judge or beat yourself up or analyze it to death. Just gently turn your attention to the fact that you may be shying away from opportunities or creating strife and disconnection with people that are trying to help you or sabotaging yourself in a myriad of ways. Just get curious and notice.

The second step is to set your intention. Once you have noticed patterns that are limiting you, intend the opposite. Set a clear intention to believe in yourself and build your confidence.

The third step is really a series of small steps over a period of time. Belief in oneself is really trust. How do you build trust with someone? That’s easy. You show up and do what you say you will do over and over again. Trust is hard to build and easy to lose. It must AT LEAST be as big of a priority to be trustworthy with yourself as it is for you to be trustworthy in your most important relationships.

If you say you’re going to get up early and work out. Do it. If you say you’re going to spend 20 minutes every day working on that novel. Do it. Make commitments to yourself and show up for them. Again and again. No matter what. Show yourself that you take your dreams seriously. 

This is how you build rock solid belief in yourself and when you believe in yourself, it’s easy for others to believe in you as well.

We’re here to help. Rewiring these patterns and releasing limiting beliefs are two of our primary objectives at our live events. We have another coming up soon and would love to have you join us. You can get all the details and register here: http://risetoreign.live/events

Posted in ,

Are you a Prisoner or a Queen? (or something in between)

The four archetypes help you distinguish between your true identity and how you might react in times of stress or out of unhealed wounds. Your identity is defined as: a) The condition of being a certain person and/or b) the characteristics by which a person is known. How do you see yourself? How do others see you? Who does God say you are? By understanding the prisoner, slave, princess (prince) and Queen (King), you can be intentional about choosing to show up as your true self and stepping away from patterns of dysfunction.

Copy of Roadmap to Rise (2)

You were born to reign. But you have to know who you are first. In this free download, I explain the four Rise to Reign Archetypes (Prisoner, Slave, Princess & Queen). Self awareness creates the ability to shift in the direction of your wildest dreams instead of your worst fears.